Sunday, October 2, 2011

My Good News

It is not a surprise anymore that I am having another baby.  It is also not a surprise to those of you whom have read my blog posts in the past that I want to have a girl.  Well, we'll just have to wait and see what the ultrasound will say at 18weeks.

And at 6 weeks, the wait will drive me crazy!!

But, I have so many things to keep me busy until then. For example, I no longer have anything that is useful for anyone under the age of 5. That means there are no clothes being hoarded, blankets, hats, carriers, bottles or nipples(which I pray to all the Gods that I will not need this time), soothers, strollers, car seats, cribs and mattress, infant tub and slider, NOTHING!!

I am a little worried but not overly so, because when you have friends with kids of all ages there is bound to be something you can buy, borrow or be given to use.

So, the point of this post is not to beg for stuff, I've already done that, thanks a million.

But I wanted to catalogue(?) the progress that I am going to be going through. For no other reason than my own if no one cares to read about it....but I am sure there will be a few who may be interested.

To begin, I am going to spend Monday Oct. 3rd (tomorrow) looking for a midwife.  That is a decision that I have not come to lightly, having heard about it from many friends in the homeschooling community about the benefits of this over traditional hospital care.  I believe that this will be step 1, then step 2 is to cancel the appointment I made for the 18th of October with my doctor for a prenatal checkup.  I feel really bad about doing it because we really like her.  It is rare to find a family doctor that really cares for you and your family, but she won't be delivering my baby, and she will still be our family doctor at the end of the day so, I hope she won't be offended.

So wish me luck in finding a midwife!  I hear it is not easy to do as they are booked up quickly!

1 comment:

WolfMamma said...

Best wishes finding someone and congratulations!