Monday, April 4, 2011

I had a dream last night....now I have a whole new bunch of crap to think of

That's right!  Like I am not trying to figure out enough, now I have this series of dreams making me think of what would I do if....

Dream #1 Hubby dies and leaves me widowed with two kids to look after.
Dream #2 Hubby and kids die in an accident and I am left all alone.

Yup, I had a banana before going to bed....bad idea!

So, now I am horrified to think what if this did happen??  Or what if it was hubby and I that dies?  What will happen to the kids?  UGH....time to think of wills and life insurance.  Yuck, I hate growing up sometimes!

Life insurance not really too scary, but what about the kids??  Who should we leave to care for our kids?  What an awful thing to have to think about.  What are you supposed to do, randomly ask people you know if they'd be willing to care for your kids in the event of parental death?

The options are quite slim, my kids don't know their godparents anymore, and there are two sets of grandparents so what about that option?  Then there's the offending nature of choosing one set over the other.

And what if I were left alone with the kids?  What in the hell am I going to do to make ends meet?  I have no college or university degree to get a job that pays worth a damn, Hell, I've been out of the work force for years!  I am a stay at home homeschooling mom.  What will that give me??

I can only hope that life insurance would leave enough to live off for a while, but it won't last forever.   And I haven't even got that yet. 

Let's open the lines of communication here.....have you figured out who would take your kids in?  Do they know?  Do your kids know?

No comments: