Sunday, March 6, 2011

In Response to Healthier food...

As you may know I was making yogurt in my Crock Pot, and it was supposed to be a fool proof recipe!!  What in the world happened!!  I opened it up to a wafting scent of fresh yogurt, Yahoo, I thinks me have success!!

Wait, no I don't!

It turns out that the watery/ yellowy substance floated along the top, and the "yogurt" that was supposed to be creamy was curdled.  Hmm, what went wrong??

So, I set it out to strain over night and took a look in the morning...

So you know what  I ended up with?!?!?!?!?!?

Dry Cottage Cheese.

That is not yogurt, but it has it's bonus points, because as a woman married into a Hungarian family it has become known that a certain type of  pastry filled with dry cottage cheese, raisins, and sugar and then baked until golden brown and flaky is a favourite that I somehow managed to learn how to make!  Bonus Points...I need as many as I can get!!   Please see this blog to know what I mean.

And it is a cottage cheese without all the serious salt that you would normally find in the stores.

Bonus!!

But what about yogurt??  what did I do wrong??

No comments: