Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Who Left Me With the Cranky Pants?

Alright, Who did it??

     I woke up this morning and someone left me a pair of cranky pants.  Now, which one of the garden gnomes buried in snow did it????   Cause dammit, I am going to bite off a piece of whomever it was!!

      Everyone, once in a while, has one of those days where everything may not "go" wrong but "feels" wrong.  It feels like cat piss in your cornflakes, nails on a chalkboard, and dammit hand me that loaf of bread and that damn bowl of pasta....NOW!! 

     And to make matters worse, someone tells you to "calm down" and "take it easy"  and even has ( I really want to say 'audacity' because that is proper, however,) the-great-big-pair-of-blue-balls to say "What have got to be so riled up about?" and "What's to be stressed about? You stay home all day??"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh



     No,(thankfully) it was NOT my darling husband, whom would never, ever think to say that to me lest he be chewed on too. 

     But, honestly, What the hell gives??  Can't a woman be free to express herself when angry??  Why is it that we must always be the picture of perfect happiness, composure and strength??  I think a strong woman is a woman who can express herself freely; good, bad and ugly!  And why is it that when we are experiencing higher levels of stress, for whatever reason we have, someone comes along and diminishes it, ridicules it and generally makes you feel inadequate and ridiculous for the feelings in the first place??

      And why is it usually a man, or a woman with no children, who do this to us??   Is their stress rated higher on the importance scale just because my stress involves menu planning, shopping for said menu's, laundry, and cleaning?  But do they realize that I am schooling my kids all by myself as well??  Does that additional stress of a typical stay at home mom qualify me for permission to be stressed out and cranky?  Or am I actually disqualified because I don't make an income?  If there was a way that I could make an income and still do what I do at home, honey, I would!! (in fact I did, and doing home parties doesn't fit the bill right now because I can't go out of my home)


     As I have spent most of my day in a serious case of wearing those damn cranky-bitch pants I wonder these things and who exactly did leave them in my room this morning.

No comments: